Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Odins Day Reflection : Overwhelmed...and it's okay!

  

The only spirituality I was able to muster this week. Have been feeling very close to the Horned One lately. 

Blessings to all on this day of the week set aside for the Wanderer Odin, 


    I am going to be brief today but I am trying to keep up with this for the one or two of you who find these reflections of use. I recently received my last packet from the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids and had I been keeping up with my studies, would now be set to apply for the Ovate grade. However, life is busy, other interests take my attention and sometimes the spiritual pursuits fall by the wayside. I have tried to be consistent but this is not my strong quality. That being said, I am trying to dive back into the Druidic material. I have heard from others in the Order that some take years to sit with the Bardic grade before taking the next step so I feel good just allowing it to take time. 

    With that in mind I just want to encourage all of you that no matter what you are pursuing, things may feel overwhelming or you may feel like "what's the point of doing this" but it's okay. I think we live in a world of instant gratification and it makes us feel like anything but immediate results or progress isn't enough. Well, it is enough, you are enough and it's okay! 

    If all you can muster is to light some incense at the altar and walk away, that's okay. If all you can muster is a walk into the woods to just listen to the birds and hear the wind rustle the trees, that's okay! If that epic plan you had to give offerings all week and meditate at the altar didn't quite go as planned, it's okay! Start again. 

    So I continue to head down the path I'm on with all its twists and turns. The gods and ancestors are with me and they're with you too. 

-Jacob 

No comments:

Post a Comment